We believe that a Great Committment to the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37-40) will grow a Great Church!
Lake Pointe Community Church belongs to the Southern Baptist convention, which is an association that extends around the world. We are evangelical because of our dedication to tell others about the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ. We also believe that the Bible is free from all error and is God's very words to guide all of our life, spiritually, morally and ethically.
The doctrinal position of the Southern Baptist convention is summarized in the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message, which we at Lake Pointe Community Church subscribe to.
1. The scriptures to be the inspired Word of God, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the divine final authority for Christian faith and life.
2. In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin, and therefore, is eternally lost. and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
4. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and his resurrection provides the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe.
5. Election is the gracious purpose of God, according to which He regenerates, justifies, sanctifies, and glorifies sinners.
6. That the true church is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is the Head.
7. That water baptism and the Lord’s Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during this present age.
8. The Kingdom of God includes both His general sovereignty over all creation and his particular kingship over all who willfully acknowledge Him as king.
9. God, in his own time and in His own way, will bring the world to its appropriate end.
10. Evangelism and missions is the duty and privilege of every follower of Christ and of every church.